Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kinoptika Aldebaran f=95mm 1:1,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Kinoptika Aldebaran f=95mm 1:1,8 Reply with quote

Found this lens here in Brazil.
Seems like a projection lens, no special mount but a 50mm diameter section on the back.
Three elements in the front group and two in the back.

Where is Kinoptika from?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely it's a derivative of "Kinoptik." Oh, sorry, were you asking where the lens was from? My bet would be East Germany, but that's just a guess.

The name Aldebaran stroke a note of recollection with me. It is a star in the constellation Taurus, and also occupies a setting in one of Isaac Asimov's SF tales, although I can no longer recall which one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Most likely it's a derivative of "Kinoptik." Oh, sorry, were you asking where the lens was from? My bet would be East Germany, but that's just a guess.

The name Aldebaran stroke a note of recollection with me. It is a star in the constellation Taurus, and also occupies a setting in one of Isaac Asimov's SF tales, although I can no longer recall which one.

Thanks, yes, but Kinoptika gets very little links, not much on the web and haven't found any connected to lenses. Aldebaran on the other hand gets a lot of useless links in astronomy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a first test with, simply held against the Nikon FM2 bayonet, got focus at aprox.
1.5m

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. Quite sharp, isn´t it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly appears to be a projection lens. I doubt it is by the French company, which would have no reason to change their name from Kinoptik to Kinoptika for this lens.