Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mmmm . . . Beef Stew! Canon nFD 100mm f/4 Macro @ f/5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Mmmm . . . Beef Stew! Canon nFD 100mm f/4 Macro @ f/5.6 Reply with quote

I decided to dig out my Canon nFD 100mm f/4 macro for this shot. I stopped down a bit to give it more depth of field. I should have probably stopped down to f/11 though instead of f/5.6. DOF is still pretty narrow. But it's good enough to get the point across, which is Beef Stew! The perfect meal for a cold day. Hey, it's 35F (1.7 Celsius) outside right now, so it'll work.

The wifey made a big pot of it last night. Her beef stew is hard to beat. I though I always made a mean pot of beef stew, but I duff my hat to her and her expertise. She's a trained chef and I'm just a sometimes cook, so it's to be expected, I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked one of these up for 21ukp, I'll look forward to trying it out, thanks for sharing.

Actually, mine is the older FD 100mm 1:4 S.C.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well now I'm hungry...
I prefer Chilli over Stew, I really enjoy the experimental nature of Stew and Chilli recipes, it's only wrong if it doesn't taste good.
I also have the FD SC 100, like most macro lenses, it's quite good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the nFD vs the SC versions of the 100mm macro, I think they have the same optical formula -- don't they? Anyway, I'm sure the breechlock model is an excellent lens.

Hey, Lightshow -- I'm a big fan of chili too. But it has to be Texas chili. IOW coarse grind with premium chili powder and cayenne but with no beans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Mmmm . . . Beef Stew! Canon nFD 100mm f/4 Macro @ f/5.6 Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I decided to dig out my Canon nFD 100mm f/4 macro for this shot. I stopped down a bit to give it more depth of field. I should have probably stopped down to f/11 though instead of f/5.6. DOF is still pretty narrow. But it's good enough to get the point across, which is Beef Stew! The perfect meal for a cold day. Hey, it's 35F (1.7 Celsius) outside right now, so it'll work.

The wifey made a big pot of it last night. Her beef stew is hard to beat. I though I always made a mean pot of beef stew, but I duff my hat to her and her expertise. She's a trained chef and I'm just a sometimes cook, so it's to be expected, I suppose.

Jeeeeez--that looks fantastic. Stuck here @ work, out of food, and took a break to relax. Now I got to quit break in a hurry so I can get this work done and go home to home-cooked food--torture. jt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, it looks so yummy.