Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ELICAR V-HQ MC 90MM F/2.5 MACRO SONY A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: ELICAR V-HQ MC 90MM F/2.5 MACRO SONY A7RII Reply with quote

wanted to try this macro lens to see how it performs. i used my Sony a7rII. one single ottlite. the images light differently with the Sony camera. this lens performs very well. no editing raw from the sony camera all i did was crop the photo.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with those images, Rockycarter. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanted to try this lens on a Canadian Half Dollar. this coin is a perfect mirror. this is an outstanding lens. no editing just a crop of the photo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This an very old bronze coin! Has someone an idea how old it is?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backside of this yery old coin!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPAL wow that is a very old coin. they are usually very difficult to light. you are doing a great job. there is a couple of coin photographers in Norway. they shoot very old coins. i hope they drop in here. they might be able to tell you. what you have there for a coin. the gentleman from Oslo. if he sees this he will help you to identify your coin. OPAL thank you for sharing nice coin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPAL here is a new one for you. this the designer initial. this initial is less than 1 mm x 1 mm. it is and H on a Canadian dime. here i am using a camera bellows and a mitutoyo 20x microscope objective. to get the rest of the coins surface clear. i would have to use focus stacking. this is one single photo at about 20X magnification.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockycarter wrote:
OPAL here is a new one for you. this the designer initial. this initial is less than 1 mm x 1 mm. it is and H on a Canadian dime. here i am using a camera bellows and a mitutoyo 20x microscope objective. to get the rest of the coins surface clear. i would have to use focus stacking. this is one single photo at about 20X magnification.

Thank you, but I just want to find out, what kind this coin is, and where it is coming from and it's age! Maybe there is an expert out there who can answer my question! My shots are just quick shots, and not very special!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPAL ok here is what i will do for you. i have down loaded your photos. i will be sharing them on 2 north american forum. i contacted a friend in Oslo. he said rocky we will get to the bottom of this. i hope we can find the answers just sent me the pictures. i said you and i we team together. lets see if we can figure this out first a head of our buddies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opal, bust on coin front with helmet lots of hair, on back a full figure with raised arm. Warrior or statesman? Same style as BYZANTINE https://www.numisbids.com/sales/hosted/nomos/008/image00215.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opal could you get your coin weight. we need to know the grams and miligrams. also are you absolutely sure your coin is bronze. if it copper we need to know. it only changes the years it was pressed. we are very close, just a little more information from you. you will have your answer. we all have a very good idea. who this might be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opal here is your coin. this is the leader it was created for.
Bactria: Demetrios I, Clay ! tetradrachm, c. 200-185 BCE
Weight: 4.13 gm., Diam: 25 mm., Die axis: 12 h
Diademed head of king facing right, wearing elephant scalp head-dress /
Nude Herakles standing facing, holding club and lion skin in left hand,
and crowning himself with his right hand,
Greek legend: BAΣIΛEΩΣ ΔHMHTPIOY

Demetrios I was the son of Euthydemos I and ruled (c. 200-185 BCE) after his father. He must have been a very capable man. Apparently he negotiated the peace between Euthydemos and the Seleucid king Antiochos III, and there is also evidence that he made inroads into conquering parts of India south of the Hindu Kush. His basic coin type, wearing an elephant scalp, symbolizes this as the elephant represented India to the Greeks.
opal there is no bronze coins listed. there is silver gold and copper. plus this baked clay coin. your coin maybe very very rare. hope this helps it was great fun. i owe some great coin photographier beer hehehe
he is the statement that goes with silver
Bactria: Demetrios I, Silver tetradrachm, c. 200-185 BCE
Weight: 15.79 gm., Diam: 33 mm., Die axis: 12 h
Diademed head of king facing right, wearing elephant scalp head-dress /
Nude Herakles standing facing, holding club and lion skin in left hand,
and crowning himself with his right hand,
Greek legend: BAΣIΛEΩΣ ΔHMHTPIOY
monogram in lower left field i will upload the silver coin first then the clay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opal do not handle your coin to much. put your coin in plastic. there maybe material on the surface of your coin. if you plan on doing something with this coin. just be very careful. like i said it has not been recorded in bronze. so persons will need every thing they can to prove the age of this coin. have a great one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff guys....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockycarter wrote:
opal do not handle your coin to much. put your coin in plastic. there maybe material on the surface of your coin. if you plan on doing something with this coin. just be very careful. like i said it has not been recorded in bronze. so persons will need every thing they can to prove the age of this coin. have a great one

Holy smoke, thanks a million, I've not expected to get any answer concerning the coin! The coin is bronze metal and has an weight of 20 grams.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opal you are very welcome. we enjoyed helping you. weight every thing is about perfect from your coin. wow i am very happy for you. you have a great found coin. you take care, have a great one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20g?! I was going to ask if it could be gold until seeing rockycarter's last comment. Must be a big coin!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins i have to agree with you. this is a large coin. the coin needs to be X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry is an elemental analysis. this owner needs to get this coin tested for sure. this coin sure has stirred up a lot of collectors. XRF then they will know the metal make up of this coin for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockycarter wrote:
visualopsins i have to agree with you. this is a large coin. the coin needs to be X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry is an elemental analysis. this owner needs to get this coin tested for sure. this coin sure has stirred up a lot of collectors. XRF then they will know the metal make up of this coin for sure.

The size of the coin is 30mm, and its more exact weight is 25 grams! The coin is an heirloom from my brother who died unfortunately in 2009! He was an wellknown concert pianist who had concerts around the world. I think an good juwely shop should be able to find out whether it is gold or bronze metal! I guess it is time to find out!

Guys, thanks for all of your valuable help!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25g is about an ounce. Sure looks like a 1-ounce gold piece to me! How thick is it? Given the diameter and thickness we can calculate the volume, and compare with the weight of a similar volume of gold, and of bronze.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
25g is about an ounce. Sure looks like a 1-ounce gold piece to me! How thick is it? Given the diameter and thickness we can calculate the volume, and compare with the weight of a similar volume of gold, and of bronze.

Wow, that a super support! The coin is at max. 6mm thick!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volume =π * 30mm * 6mm = 565.486678millimeters^3= 0.5654667centimeters^3

Gold weight by volume is19.282 g/cm3 calculated (24 karat gold grade)

0.5654667 * 19.28200 = 10.9033289g

Ref:

http://www.traditionaloven.com/metal/precious-metals/gold/convert-qty_0_5654667-cubic-centimetre-cc-cm3-gold-to-pound-lb-of-gold.html

Either I've made a mistake or something else is amiss -- your coin weighs more than twice the weight of the same volume of gold. We know gold weighs more than bronze.

EDIT: Yep verified by http://www.traditionaloven.com/metal/gold-converter.html

Amount:
25 g - gram-s of gold
Equals:
1.3 cc - cm^3 - cubic centimeter-s

over twice the volume of your coin. So something is wrong because your coin weighs over two times the equivalent volume of gold. Are you sure it weighs that much and the dimensions are correct?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size and thickness are correct, but I must get an more exact weight of this coin, because I don't have an very precise weighting scale. But I will find out! Thanks for all of your help!