Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wollensak and JML lenses in Caribbean sea islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Wollensak and JML lenses in Caribbean sea islands Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is a little video made in two little islands of the Caribbean Sea, Providencia and Santa Catalina.

I use my modified Yi 4K+ with a Wollensak 1/2" f/1.5 (during the day) and a JML 17mm f/0.95 (during the night)
The underwater footages were just made with a basic action cam.

Tips about the Wollensak lens : It's too soft wide open. When we stop down it starts to shine. It performs the best at f/8
The JML is quite sharp but has some purple shifts in the highlights that needs to be corrected.

I also used a bitrate mod on the Yi to increase it. It's originally 135mb/s and I pushed it to 220mb/s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcmDmX5pzBM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done! A few observations: handheld shake made me think of using deshaker in PP, green underwater shots reminded me of using those special green reducing filters for that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That turtle good catch. I would be interested in more that night scenery footage. Good music what was they played, indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Nicely done! A few observations: handheld shake made me think of using deshaker in PP, green underwater shots reminded me of using those special green reducing filters for that.

Thanks,

Yes, I didn't take my gimbal because of the strict weight limitations in the plane. So I just used a monopod and used a bit of Premiere warp stabilizer in some sequences.
For the underwater scenes, I reduced a bit the green in the highlights in post-processing, because it was too greenish to me. I'm not an expert of underwater scenes. It was my first time at this exercise (and I'm quite bad at snorkling too).

spleenone wrote:
That turtle good catch. I would be interested in more that night scenery footage. Good music what was they played, indeed.

Thanks, I have other shots of the nightery scenes that I eliminated for ambient sound noise and because I was eating at the same time, so I took very few of it. It was all took with the JML at 800iso 24fps 1/30s shutter speed. I did not applied a noise reduction for it.