Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What lens mount is this ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: What lens mount is this ? Reply with quote

I've searched, I've tried every camera and adapter I've got and it's not Minolta MD. CY. Fuji. QBM. FD. OM. EOS. PK. Nikon or Konica.

The lens is a Komine Vivitar 28 / 2.8 Close Focus, I've got a few of these and they all have the mount engraved on the side - this lens has 'U' where my others have MD, PK or whatever...The lens came with a Minolta MD rear cap that fits nicely, but it's not MD.

There are two notches opposite each other that I haven't seen on any other mount, and one locking notch on the mount flange.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you unscrew the mount?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 looks like m42 lens with pk-m42-like adapter screwed on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 with modified Minolta MC flange?! ...No. Make that modified Konica flange.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does appear to be a screw on adapter, T2 or M42 is my guess.
Minolta SR has the notch on the other side of the bayonet tab.
Konica AR has it's notch closer to the middle of the bayonet tab
It could be C/Y

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it doesn't fit Minolta?

I've had something that might have been just the same. It did fit Minolta however, not the best fit, but it did.
It was an M42 adapter, i tried to find the corresponding mount as well, but no luck.

In the end i concluded that it was intended to fit the MD mount (i guess), but it was just manufactured badly...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OF COURSE ....It's a bloody screw on adapter..Rolling Eyes

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Are you sure it doesn't fit Minolta?

I've had something that might have been just the same. It did fit Minolta however, not the best fit, but it did.
It was an M42 adapter, i tried to find the corresponding mount as well, but no luck.

In the end i concluded that it was intended to fit the MD mount (i guess), but it was just manufactured badly...

It's exactly this, a crappy adapter. I tried this lens on two NEX MD adapters, two Minolta cameras and a lens mount that has been taken off a camera so I could see the mount in action. And it is completely wrong, useless. The next action is to throw it in the bin!

And I'm more than happy with a mint, boxed, M42 Vivitar lens. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely an M42 lens with a screw-on adaptor fitted. The aperture pin and A/M (auto/manual aperture) switch are diagnostic. The "U" on the side is for "Universal", as in Pentax/Praktica/Edixa/Zenit etc. etc.

I've bought a couple of nice lenses very economically that have had adaptors like this fitted that no-one else recognised Wink

... ooops! managed to double with someone else Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried a C/Y lens and a Konica AR lens in an SR adapter and they don't fit, so if it does fit SR... it would indeed be the worst Minolta adapter, because it doesn't come remotely close to looking like it.