Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some DKL Lens questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Some DKL Lens questions Reply with quote

Hi,

I have accumulated a few DKL lenses

1.9 Xenon,
28 F4 Curtagon
85 Arton
135 Xenar

A few questions if I could:

1) The Aperature doesnt work in my adapater on the very small Arton. Does anyone else have luck with this lens in their adapter? Manually the aperature moves on the lens, but for some reason the pin doesnt seem to catch.

2) Second question how good is the 35 F2.8 curtagon? The three I can shoot seem superb.

3) Are the Rodenstocks even better or just more collectible?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3) Are the Rodenstocks even better or just more collectible?

They are different things, especially how they render the colors. The Xenon is sharper than the Heligon at wide open. The 85 and 135 should have similar sharpness but I have not compare them side by side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2) Second question how good is the 35 F2.8 curtagon?

It's good, nice color, sharp. one thing I dont like is minimum distance is too long
here's my samples https://ihyaahsani.blogspot.co.id/2011/06/schneider-kreuznach-curtagon-3528.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The helical adapters really help minimum distance issuues with suitable lenses. I have both nex m42 and nex EF. They do, though, throw a lot of reflected light back and cause ghosting or flair in some lenses and situations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
The helical adapters really help minimum distance issuues with suitable lenses. I have both nex m42 and nex EF. They do, though, throw a lot of reflected light back and cause ghosting or flair in some lenses and situations.

The adapter should not cause much of reflection if yours DKL adapter has a small opening.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 85mm Retina-Tele-Arton works fine with my DKL-PK adaptor, a lovely small lens for it's focal length.

I have a "full set" of the Schneider-Kreuznach Retina lenses, 28-200mm, most of which I used regularly with my Retina IIIS some years ago and are now getting a fresh life on my Pentax.

It can be important to have the adaptor aperture control set to minimum when fitting the lens to the adaptor so that the two mechanisms interlink correctly. The lens aperture defaults to minimum when unmounted, so the adaptor linkage needs to be on the correct side of the lens control lever to operate it.

Hope this helps Smile