Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PK mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: PK mount? Reply with quote

I was about to try out an old zoom but was unable to mount it on any adapter. I don't know much about the Pentax K mount but I have a Riconar lens and it looks very similar.

Opinions?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - certainly looks like it
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, then it must be a tolerance issue.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unusual mixture of screw heads.Slotted and 'Phillips'.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive Riconar was a brand used by Ricoh for relabelling third party lenses at one point. The in-house brand was always Rikenon - which were often built under contract by others anyway. The wonders of marketing.

Anyway, it should be PK.

I've had some weird PK adapters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you gentlemen. My PK-Nex adapter is made by FOTGA and I do not recommend it. My Riconar 55mm f/2.2 does fit but it's too tight and you can't feel the lens lock in place, but it does. The zoom in the first post is a Suntar macro zoom 37-105mm f/3.5. And the fit is so bad I had to ask here about the mount haha!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For compatability issues like this I find it useful to have an old (film) body to test adapted lenses for fit. My Pentax P30 cost me £1 at a junk sale with a 28mm Pentax lens fitted! The body has been useful on several occasions since and the lens gets used on my *ist digital Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Thank you gentlemen. My PK-Nex adapter is made by FOTGA and I do not recommend it.

Perhaps there is some variability in the quality of Fotga adapters. When I bought my NEX 7, I bought several adapters for it, all Fotga. Included among them was a PK mount one. Mine mounts snugly to both my PK lenses and my NEX 7 -- as do all the others -- so I really have no complaints about the Fotga brand. But as always YMMV.

About that lens's mount, I'm looking at a PK-A lens right now, and the subject lens appears to be PK. But the PK lenses also have an additional slot with a recessed lever inside, the center of which is 180 degrees from the lever shown. I see no evidence of that slot in the subject lens. Maybe early PK lenses don't have it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slot is there, visible in the third picture, look closely and compare to PK mount in hand. Its very close to the mount in PK and easy to miss if the picture angle isn't ideal.

The lever there is for signaling the lens aperture to the open-aperture metering system in PK bodies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The slot is there, visible in the third picture, look closely and compare to PK mount in hand. Its very close to the mount in PK and easy to miss if the picture angle isn't ideal.

Heh, it's visible in the second photo too. I didn't even look at the second and third photos. Dunno how I could have missed them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looks like K mount, there could be a tolerance issue between 3rd party lens mount reverse engineering and adapter reverse engineering, I've seen it before, I've mostly avoided these issues because most all my lenses are 1st party.
I would watch carefully from the camera side as you try and mount it, looking for where the hang up is occurring, then take a file to the lens mount(assuming the lens is nothing special).