Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Considering buying a lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Considering buying a lens? Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, my mind processes this in a remarkably simiiar fashion! Mebbe that's why I'm always broke . . .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much wisdom on a small sheet of paper Friends

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Flight was delayed quite a while then?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just buy the lens and lie. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL priceless.
TFS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using your logic tree for this: https://www.sigmaphoto.com/200-500mm-f2-8-apo-ex-dg

It seems I should go ahead & buy it even though I have no use for it (too heavy / wrong mounts for me...) and it will make paying the mortgage impossible. I think adding a stage right at the start for 'do you want it?' (or 'can you use it?') , might improve matters - I know 99% of the time the answers probably yes!

The issue over affording it is more tricky. My wife is happy for me to spend whatever I want on my hobbies, it's just she assumes she's free to spend at least as much on hers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC, I think I found a loophole for your problem. The decicion-chart presumes you wonder whether you are going to buy the lens. In case it is not a question, you have no need for the chart.

Problem solved Very Happy

(but we all know that deep inside, you want that lens Laughing Laughing Laughing )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an infinite loop in the diagram: Do you want to find a partner -> No -> Do you want to die alone -> No -> Do you want to find a partner ->

Guess who in this fórum is stuck in this loop. Laugh 1

Hint: It's not me, I'm married. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is cool.. at the momment I wanted to share it on facebook. but wait, my wife will see it...not good Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another bubble to be fitted into this critical path diagram which runs like this:

"Isn't this the lens which your partner believes you to have owned for several months but have only just got round to getting it out of the bag/just got back from the shop where it had some adjustments made under warranty?"