Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 300mm screw hole? What size is it?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 300mm screw hole? What size is it?! Reply with quote

I have got a Pentacon 300mm f4. It have a screwhole under the lens that is made to put the lens on the tripod. But I cant figure it out what size is it: it's not 1/4, and it's sure not a 3/8.
What screw do I need to buy? Thx! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, have you got a photo of the lens, sounds to me like the tripod collar is missing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was somewhat confused by the title - I assume that meant to say 300mm.
If it's nearly 1/4" but not quite it could be 6mm (M6). I seem to remember some tripod bits being sold in that size.
It's relatively simple to rethread M6 to take the standard 1/4" bolts.

If not M6 then some photos & measurements should help us to home in on the right size.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tripod mount point IS the normal 3/8"ths UNC standard. I have just checked the adapter in mine, it is the same as another cheap ebay 1/4" to 3/8" adapter, just a bit shorter.