Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Staeble Braun Color Ultralit 50mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Staeble Braun Color Ultralit 50mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Image post day! This time a fine looking lens for the Paxette m39 system. I think it's a triplet and it has 10 aperture blades.
Adapting it is very easy with a m42 helicoid adapter and a m39-m42 ring. This also means you can focus closer than other options.
At f/2.8 performance is weak but stopping down improves things a lot.
I had a few unusually warm and sunny days, it felt like spring and most of the snow melted. I used this opportunity to go out and take some pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me! Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed. I had very good luck with the Staeble Telexon 90mm 5.6 (for Arette). Staeble seems to have some pretty good optics though some users have had issues with the Telexon for paxette.

On a related note I was curious about the various Braun interchangeable lens systems. I am aware of the unique 39mm thread and the DKL for the Super Colorette. It seems there was a third system? An SLS mount I believe, which is apparently a unique bayonet mount for the Paxette Super III Automatic? Can anyone confirm this? I read on another site that it was Prontor's competition for the DKL (Compur) and was used on King Regula and Bolta Photavit. Apparently the lenses were interchangeable ONLY on the same camera not between manufacturers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 I always liked Staeble lenses Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Not sure about the different mounts, I'm new to these old German contraptions. But the Ultralit came with a Paxette Super II BL.
Good build quality on both lens and camera!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Very nice indeed. I had very good luck with the Staeble Telexon 90mm 5.6 (for Arette). Staeble seems to have some pretty good optics though some users have had issues with the Telexon for paxette.

On a related note I was curious about the various Braun interchangeable lens systems. I am aware of the unique 39mm thread and the DKL for the Super Colorette. It seems there was a third system? An SLS mount I believe, which is apparently a unique bayonet mount for the Paxette Super III Automatic? Can anyone confirm this? I read on another site that it was Prontor's competition for the DKL (Compur) and was used on King Regula and Bolta Photavit. Apparently the lenses were interchangeable ONLY on the same camera not between manufacturers.

There have been ttl. 6 different interchange lens systems used by Braun for their RF and SLR cameras:

1. DKL (Deckel Compur) with aperture ring on the lens (the Vitessa T variant)
2. DKL (Deckel Compur) without aperture ring on the lens but on the camera (common variant)
3. SLK (Gauthier Prontor)
4. M39 with 44mm flange focal distance
5. Minolta SR/MD
6. Pentax PK

But don't ask me about the different camera model names per mount as that's really confusing and I didn't find really good lists or tables.

I don't know about any exclusive mount system used by Braun which hasn't been available for other camera makers as well.

However, there may even be minor differences to prohibit the interchangeability between the manufacturers like some did within the M42 system and the different aperture pins.

I never was really interested in this rather exotic systems like SLK. There are more than enough lenses available for common mounts. Wink

Last edited by tb_a on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:

It is not difficult to Google the answer. Check it yourself.

http://www.mwclassic.com/product/braun-paxette-super-iii-automatic-35mm-coupled-rangefinder-selenium-metered-camera-50mm-f2-8-color-ennit-slk-bayonet-mount-interchangeable-lens-makers-er-case/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/10456228@N00/4465547714

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
There have been ttl. 6 different interchange lens systems used by Braun for their RF and SLR cameras:

1. DKL (Deckel Compur) with aperture ring on the lens (the Vitessa T variant)
2. DKL (Deckel Compur) without aperture ring on the lens but on the camera (common variant)
3. SLK (Gauthier Prontor)
4. M39 with 44mm flange focal distance
5. Minolta SR/MD
6. Pentax PK

There was even a 7th mount, that one for the Braun electromatic 1a:

See for a photo and short description and here a better photo of the lens with its mount.

As far as I know that mount never was used for any other camera. But the lenses are from Rodenstock.