Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help reassembling EBC Fujinon 50mm 1.4 M42 Lens !!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Help reassembling EBC Fujinon 50mm 1.4 M42 Lens !!! Reply with quote

Hi, I removed the mount of my EBC Fujinon 50/1.4 to do the modification to the pin so that I can use it with my adapter and be able to change the aperture. But now when I assembled it back together the apertures wont open or close when I turn the aperture ring. Someone please help me and let me know what am I doing wrong here. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only advice is that you take it apart again and carefully inspect it as you do so, so you can see where you went wrong in the assembly process.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you misaligned the mechanics of the body and the mount. Take it off and try again. Also, check that you did not damage mount mechanics as you were working on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Anyone knows how exactly the mount goes back on ? What are the parts that needs to align ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/fujinon-m42-lens-repair-manuals-t77916.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And invest in an adapter with a flange to depress the pin when mounting.That way theres no need to be opening stuff up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie46 wrote:
And invest in an adapter with a flange to depress the pin when mounting.That way theres no need to be opening stuff up.

He talks about different pin.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahvel wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Anyone knows how exactly the mount goes back on ? What are the parts that needs to align ?

Take the mount off. Make sure that a tiny pin that connects aperture ring slides into the slot on the aperture ring inside the mount, now align aperture pin on the body with a horseshoe shaped slot and slide the mount in place. That should be it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Eddie46 wrote:

He talks about different pin.

Aha! I see. Different location then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always smart to take photos of the disassembly so you can see exactly how it needs to go back together.