Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there a special tool to remove this part? Industar-69
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Is there a special tool to remove this part? Industar-69 Reply with quote

Is there a special tool needed to remove the front metal thread I don't know about?

See the image, I got a box of these lenses cheap and want to clean them. There are a ton oil and dust between the front and mid glass elements. The only way to access it them is the removal of the front element but there is this threaded thing that is crazy hard to twist and unlike most lenses, there are no slotted areas to use a spanner tool to remove it. Only one came without that threaded part helping me learn how this thing was put together.

Or do I need to call it quits and just tap two holes for a spanner wrench to use?

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I'd try to disassemble other parts to maybe reveal more, otherwise I'd drill the holes. Possible to sacrifice one to save the others....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a special tool to remove this part? Industar-69 Reply with quote

AndyPham7 wrote:
Is there a special tool needed to remove the front metal thread I don't know about?

Hi, I would try to get one of those rubber thingies that are found at the end of a walking cane. There are usually various diameters and try to unscrew the piece by applying pressure towards the lens with the rubber piece. If the ring resists, you can also get a piece of plastic pipe of the adequate diameter, cut it to a 90 degree angle and place some thick electrical tape all around the edge. The tape will prevent it from slipping against the ring and the pipe will resist downward pressure better than the rubber thingy. Unless there is some lock-tite or similar compound on the ring threads, it should come off. Good luck