Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1948 50F2 Sumitar versus Topcon 50F2 LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: 1948 50F2 Sumitar versus Topcon 50F2 LTM Reply with quote

I have been working on finding small lenses for an upcoming trip. My personal criteria for these lenses is pretty much sharpness alone. I had earlier tested the Topcon against an early Summicron 50F2, and the Topcon was the better lens, especially considering the approximate 2x price difference. I recently came into a 50 F2 Summitar, which was in with a 90 F2.8, which is what I was going for. Its a 1948 vintage single coat and had assumed that checking against the Topcon would be easy. It was. The Summitar was sharper open, and that continued through F8. Summitar also IMHO has the advantage of better Bokeh (highly subjective).

So, the Summitar will be staying, and going to China next month.....

My 35 quest looks like its going to be answered by a 35 F2.8 Computar, in LTM with a 16.4mm russian spacer. Also now thinking hard about the 35 F2.8 Summarit, as suggested to me by the great folks in the forum. Also going along will be a 135 Canon LTM....

I may try and get some pics up of the comparison, havent figured out how to post images yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a computer to upload...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flickr works great for hosting, at least that what I use.