Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Xenon 135mm f4 to Fuji X
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Schneider Xenon 135mm f4 to Fuji X Reply with quote

I want to shorten the minimum focus distance of this lens for use on my Fuji X bodies. There doesn't seem to be many options for doing this directly from DKL to Fuji X. I'm looking for options. I have Pentax K and M42 extension tubes available. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Chuck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try DKL to M42 and this Click here to see on Ebay.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Try DKL to M42 and this Click here to see on Ebay.

Thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Schneider Xenon 135mm f4 to Fuji X Reply with quote

chuck luck wrote:
I want to shorten the minimum focus distance of this lens for use on my Fuji X bodies. There doesn't seem to be many options for doing this directly from DKL to Fuji X. I'm looking for options. I have Pentax K and M42 extension tubes available. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Chuck.

There is also a DKL-PK adaptor available, which may be of use. I use one. It's not perfect, the aperture values don't line up properly on all lenses, but at least I can continue to use my Schneiders from my Retina IIIS. Just count the aperture clicks as it closes down to get an idea of what it's set to.

As for minimum focus ... I'd be inclined to look into close-up lenses as well. They were readily available from Kodak, back in the day. Be aware that Kodak quoted the push-on size, even though the close-up lens (or filter) was a screw-in. That is to say, if your 135mm lens takes a 58mm screw-in filter, Kodak would describe it as a 60mm!