Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Mint Septon except for ....... Separation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: A Mint Septon except for ....... Separation Reply with quote

Picked up a beautiful Septon, its mint except for separation. I reached out Cameraquest, US voigtlander distributor and he said basically to bin it....

Any suggestions on who might do a recement? Its otherwise pristine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The separation you see, it's a common problem with old lenses.

In the Voigtlander ones, the septon and the skopagon 2/40 are very prone to have separations

If you have the skopagon, perhaps it's better to consider:

1- It's a first class lens. Excellent IQ. It's a 9 elements 2/40 all around lens. May be the best 40 mm lens

2- Very rare lens. It is a collector's item.

3- With no great separation, you can use it from F/4 without some lost of contrast or definition.

The Septon is a very good lens (not like the skopagon, but a good one too). It has the same formula than the Planar 2,8/80 of the Hasselblad.

I beleave that some pícs taken with the septon should speack by themselves.

They can tell you if the lens is good enought to use or sell.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collected few lenses with separation problem. Already have required repair kit. But still gathering my courage to do it Smile .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small are of separation on the edge many not hurt but not for large area... BTW, I have an excellent copy without any separation(except the focus ring is a bit tight).