Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RICOH XR6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: RICOH XR6 Reply with quote

I am loading this camera up with some Fuji I had stored in my freezer for years. I'm hoping the film is still good. I plan on shooting 2 rolls. Does anyone know of a processing store that still dips? I would like to send these rolls to a quality developer somewhere in the states. There was a store in Chicago that dipped up until 05, then they closed up shop.

This camera is very much like the Nikon EM but doesn't feel as solid as the Nikon. I have aperture priority and bulb on this camera plus I can adjust my exposure value up to 2 stops either way. There is not a lot of flexibility with this camera as far as creative control, but as long as it is operating correctly, it should be able to produce decent images. I landed the camera with the kit lens for 12.00 dollars plus a 9.99 ship fee. I actually was going to part this camera out, as i wanted the PK mount, but it arrived looking very nice and operational. Everything checks fine, even the self timer, so now film is going in for a test run.

Last edited by spiralcity on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: RICHO XR6 Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I am loading this camera up with some Fuji Reala 100 I had stored in my freezer for years. I'm hoping the film is still good. I plan on shooting 2 rolls. Does anyone know of a processing store that still dips? I would like to send these rolls to a quality developer somewhere in the states. There was a store in Chicago that dipped up until 05, then they closed up shop.

This camera is very much like the Nikon EM but doesn't feel as solid as the Nikon. I have aperture priority and bulb on this camera plus I can adjust my exposure value up to 2 stops either way. There is not a lot of flexibility with this camera as far as creative control, but as long as it is operating correctly, it should be able to produce decent images. I landed the camera with the kit lens for 12.00 dollars plus a 9.99 ship fee. I actually was going to part this camera out, as i wanted the PK mount, but it arrived looking very nice and operational. Everything checks fine, even the self timer, so now film is going in for a test run.

Well looking at a very small world map Canada only looks a few miles away from Chicago Sad ...this firm moved from the UK to Canada and is recommended by UK guys, I don't know if they do dip but are reliable.
http://canadianfilmlab.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I will definitely check into them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot a roll of Fuji-film 400 through this camera. The film expired 2005 but was kept in the freezer. The film is fairly grainy, but the lab did an decent job with it. I sent this roll to a place in California called The Darkroom. > https://thedarkroom.com/ < I have a roll of Reala headed up to Canada, but I ran that roll through a Pentax ME.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results !
Congratulations !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, thanks for stopping in and taking a peek.

I was surprised that old film held out as well as it did.