Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RICOH XR6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: RICOH XR6 Reply with quote

I am loading this camera up with some Fuji I had stored in my freezer for years. I'm hoping the film is still good. I plan on shooting 2 rolls. Does anyone know of a processing store that still dips? I would like to send these rolls to a quality developer somewhere in the states. There was a store in Chicago that dipped up until 05, then they closed up shop.

This camera is very much like the Nikon EM but doesn't feel as solid as the Nikon. I have aperture priority and bulb on this camera plus I can adjust my exposure value up to 2 stops either way. There is not a lot of flexibility with this camera as far as creative control, but as long as it is operating correctly, it should be able to produce decent images. I landed the camera with the kit lens for 12.00 dollars plus a 9.99 ship fee. I actually was going to part this camera out, as i wanted the PK mount, but it arrived looking very nice and operational. Everything checks fine, even the self timer, so now film is going in for a test run.

Last edited by spiralcity on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: RICHO XR6 Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I am loading this camera up with some Fuji Reala 100 I had stored in my freezer for years. I'm hoping the film is still good. I plan on shooting 2 rolls. Does anyone know of a processing store that still dips? I would like to send these rolls to a quality developer somewhere in the states. There was a store in Chicago that dipped up until 05, then they closed up shop.

This camera is very much like the Nikon EM but doesn't feel as solid as the Nikon. I have aperture priority and bulb on this camera plus I can adjust my exposure value up to 2 stops either way. There is not a lot of flexibility with this camera as far as creative control, but as long as it is operating correctly, it should be able to produce decent images. I landed the camera with the kit lens for 12.00 dollars plus a 9.99 ship fee. I actually was going to part this camera out, as i wanted the PK mount, but it arrived looking very nice and operational. Everything checks fine, even the self timer, so now film is going in for a test run.

Well looking at a very small world map Canada only looks a few miles away from Chicago Sad ...this firm moved from the UK to Canada and is recommended by UK guys, I don't know if they do dip but are reliable.
http://canadianfilmlab.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I will definitely check into them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot a roll of Fuji-film 400 through this camera. The film expired 2005 but was kept in the freezer. The film is fairly grainy, but the lab did an decent job with it. I sent this roll to a place in California called The Darkroom. > https://thedarkroom.com/ < I have a roll of Reala headed up to Canada, but I ran that roll through a Pentax ME.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results !
Congratulations !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, thanks for stopping in and taking a peek.

I was surprised that old film held out as well as it did.