Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A New Exhibition of Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: A New Exhibition of Photography Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
I would like to announce a new exhibition of photographic art to be held from November 1 - December 28 2017.
This is an exhibition by my photographic club and its members and consists of approximately 250 prints, canvases and metal plates.
There is a mixture of traditional wet darkroom prints as well as digitally sourced images - with some being a combination of both.
If any of you are in Australia and happen to be near or close to Port Macquarie New South Wales, you will be very welcome at Masterpiece Framers gallery.
If you are anywhere near by - let me know, and I will personally meet you and show you around.
Tom

Here are the details:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Congratulations! I have no doubts it will be a great success!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Congratulations! I have no doubts it will be a great success!

Thank you Klaus.
We finished all the hanging at the gallery today, and it looks truly awesome.
One of my colleagues - and a close friend - has written this concerning the exhibition - it sums up a great presentation:
"Expressions in Light" — Our Art, Our Vision, Our Journey is an exhibition that brings together an eclectic mix of photographic art that not only draws from rich traditions such as landscape, portraiture, nature and still life, but also ranges through quirky and abstract interpretations of everyday subjects and into the realms of experimental and conceptual visual expression. Some of the works celebrate the extraordinary and surprising beauty that goes unnoticed by the casual observer but is revealed by the eyes of an artist looking through a lens.

Many of the members of the Port Macquarie Panthers Photographic Club are choosing to extend their practice beyond the conventional and competitive sphere of the camera club movement to make photography the medium through which they express their own personalities and unconstrained creative instincts—to hell with rules, tired conventions, and uniformity!

For many of our artists, photography is a solitary and contemplative activity yet each draws inspiration, knowledge, critique and encouragement from peers within the club to enrich their own personal journey in the art of photography.

The artists represented in "Expressions in Light" warmly invite you to visit Masterpiece Framing and Gallery at No. 2 Ninety-one Hastings River Drive during November and December to view the collective expression of the joy that the art of photography brings to their lives.
(Rob Smith)

Last edited by Oldhand on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, congratulations!

Is this your first exhibition?

Hope you can post some atmosphere-images of the event.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Nice, congratulations!

Is this your first exhibition?

Hope you can post some atmosphere-images of the event.

Thank you Sjak.
Not our first, but the first for a while.
Yes, the official opening is on Friday night and I will post some pictures after that.
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lars and Edgar.
Here is a video promo for the exhibition made by my friend Rob Smith.
You will need Adobe flash player for it to run on your computer.

http://wowfactorpix.zenfolio.com/p941653824/h9ADBE009#h9adbe009

Enjoy
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Felicitations. Look forward to reading a review of the exhibition, if any, in the local papers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chhayanat wrote:
Like 1 Like 1

Felicitations. Look forward to reading a review of the exhibition, if any, in the local papers.

So do I.
Thank you chhayanat
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media release:
http://www.pmhc.nsw.gov.au/Lists/Event-amp-Activities/Expressions-In-Light-A-Photographic-Exhibition
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting!!!
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you uddhava.
Here is a link to a newspaper report on the exhibition that is interesting.
I don't know how long the link will remain active, but it is currently so:
http://www.portnews.com.au/story/5027912/exhibition-sheds-light-on-photography/?cs=263

Tom