Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Reomar lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: The Reomar lens Reply with quote

My question is ... was the Reomar only ever used on Kodak cameras? I know it was fitted extensively to a long range of Retinettes and that these lenses are three-element glass and work very well (I've adapted an f/3.5 50mm for use on my Pentax DSLR http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=1500843#1500843 ). Most of these were manufactured (or at least badged) Schneider-Kreuznach, though some were manufactured/badged Rodenstock. Is it possible that the lens was actually a Kodak design?

I also know that the Reomar name featured on some Kodak Instamatics. I'm anticipating these were plastic, were these also three-element lenses, or were these just named "Reomar" as a trading exercise?

TIA

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but I saw, in the past, some REOMAR triplets made by Scheider and by Rodenstock.