Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

USA based seller for tiny screws for vintage lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: USA based seller for tiny screws for vintage lens Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone knew where to get these super tiny screws that are used in vintage camera lenses like the Jupiter-8s and other similar vintage rangefinder camera lenses? I need a USA based seller and many suggestions from older thread have links that no longer work or the company is based in Europe.

I tend to lose these or the screws are so rusted that the head breaks in half from the oxidation when being screwed in/out.

I know I can "salvage" them from other lens but I rather replace these rusty tiny screws.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salvaging is by far the most cost-effective way. Every once in a while I'll just take some cheapo zoom and take it apart - just for the screws and detent balls. The only things I ever have to buy are 2mm "takumar" balls and some mount screws.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for 1mm screws, for example, using favorite search engine. Ebay is another source...

https://www.micromark.com/Micro-Screw-Assortment-10-Sizes-100-Each