Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C/Y-M42- PK conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: C/Y-M42- PK conversion Reply with quote

I use Leitax for my Contax lenses on my Pentax camera.
Leitax doesn't offer a conversion yet for the wide mount Contax lenses, like the Contax 100-300. Technically, Leitax confirmed me it can be done.

http://blog.sina.cn/dpool/blog/s/blog_702299ab0101jlu5.html

On this Chinese site I saw a conversion from C/Y using M42 to PK mount. Do you think this can be done using a standard M42 adapter and separate Leitax/pk mount together?

Great to hear your input.

RemcoR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's ask again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: c\y-M42-PK Reply with quote

Since no one with primary knowledge of this particular issue has replied, I take on the risk of offering second-hand information.

The excellent list :

http://stephen-westin.com/misc/mounts-alphabetical.html

where mr. Westin revives the Markerink list, shows the slender dimensional difference, 0,04mm , that is available for a separate, add-on, mount adapter in this case, so, as your other PK conversions indicate, you are well aware of the need to replace the entire mount.

I do not have any PK-mount cameras, but do believe that Asahi-Pentax once produced a standard M42-PK adapter allowing the Takumars to be attached to the Kmounts. Hence,if there is an M42 -replacement mount available for the C\Y lens you wish to convert, that, plus the M42-PK adapter should suffice. If, however, there are knobs and protuberances on the PKmount camera that you wish to use, the lens diameter beyond the mount itself may interfere.

I have tried a PKmount lens on a C\Y mount: the mounts are so similar that the lens will almost seem to fit, but not lock on properly and of course not focus all the way to infinity. If the mount dimensions -including aperture linkages etc allow this, you can try the C\Y mount lens on your camera first in order to se if there are any snags.

p.