Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Biogon 21mm f4.5 Contax RF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Biogon 21mm f4.5 Contax RF Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Biogon 21mm f4.5 Contax RF. Fuji X-E2.

a picture of the lens.

The daughter of the original owner. She was willing to sell me this lens as a very reasonable price, knowing i'm a collector and not a flipper.

I am very humbled to be able to use this lens, and enjoy it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my dream lens what I never had before , congrats lucky man!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens delivers lovely images. Enjoy it Roger. I am jealous.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a beautiful lens Smile
Does it have corner color shift as the Contax G 2.8/21 Biogon?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! was it really close to the sensor?

I have one with the corresponding adapter, but never dared to put it onto my Sony A7ii.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice results!!
Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly one of the most important lenses for the 35mm format ever made - computed by Ludwig Bertele around 1950 in Switzerland. Bertele, who had been working for Zeiss until about 1943 (or 1944?) was working for Wild Heerbrugg at that time. Actually the different 90° Biogon versions (21mm for Contax RF, 38mm for Hasselblad and 53mm for Linhof) are simplified versions of Berteles Aviogons (large format lenses for aerial reconnaissance).

The original Biogon 4.5/21mm (as well as the actual Zeiss ZM C-Biogon 4.5/21mm) have lots of problems with the sensor filter pack. This glass plate in front of the sensor - up to 2.5mm thick - is introducing a lot of aberrations.

I recently had the pleasure of taking images with a ZM Biogon 4.5/21mm using a modified Sony A7S. This camera had a sensor stack of only 0.1mm (!) thickness. Needless to say, the Biogon was tack sharp even in the extreme corners, and even wide open.

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Whoo Turtle Tuzki with lens