Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall 28mm f2.5 lens hood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall 28mm f2.5 lens hood Reply with quote

Anyone else own one of these? I tried fitting a generic screw -in lens hood but it prevents me from reaching infinity focus.The inner barrel goes just a millimetre or so lower that the outer focussing ring preventing full retraction to infinity.
Does the Tamron hood react like this or has my lens been reset too low?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's the way these adaptall 02B's are. Quick solution: remove the glass from a surplus 49mm filter and use the ring to extend the hood the necessary few mm away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Yeah that's the way these adaptall 02B's are. Quick solution: remove the glass from a surplus 49mm filter and use the ring to extend the hood the necessary few mm away.

Good idea Marcus.At first I thought,no go because I used a step up ring to try a different size hood (52mm) but the shoulder of the ring was also catching.Luckily I have an old SUN filter marked 1A whatever that is,and it works! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

part # 22FH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Tamron 90mm (52B) macro is the same, I took the element out of an old scratched skylight filter and used the threaded ring to effectively "extend" the lens body. My 28mm (02B) has a UV filter fitted permanently so hadn't noticed the problem. Looks quite smart with a short "petal" hood attached Smile