Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon F2 vs FE2 vs FM2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Nikon F2 vs FE2 vs FM2 Reply with quote

I'm thorn between these 3 cameras... what should I get ? Any advantages / disadvantages over the other ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one of them would make you happy. I have the FM2n that I kept from the film days. Have not used it as much as I should but still will not part with it. The FM2 is totally mechanical and has the battery only for the meter and it will work perfectly without batteries. The FE2 has an electronic shutter and requires batteries to operate normally. There is an emergency mode with one shutter speed only. I have not used an F2 but I will throw another one in the mix. The FM3a... If I were buying, that is what I would get. It is the last film camera made by Nikon and you may still be able to get new in box cameras.
Pete

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon F2 vs FE2 vs FM2 Reply with quote

gat3keeper wrote:
I'm thorn between these 3 cameras... what should I get ? Any advantages / disadvantages over the other ?

I'm partial to the FE2, although the original FE can accommodate non-AI lenses, my FE2 just offers much more, plus I have a few Nikon's that handle non-A I'd glass perfect. Any of the camera's you mentioned will undoubtedly make you happy. It simply comes down to a shooters preference, we will all have our favorites, and we will all disagree or agree as the situation dictates.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Guys...

I settle for FE2 due to aperture priority capabilities. I think this will become handy with my style of shooting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gat3keeper wrote:
Thank you Guys...

I settle for FE2 due to aperture priority capabilities. I think this will become handy with my style of shooting.

Great, I hope you enjoy your FE2 as much as I enjoy mine. happy shooting.