Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

zoom-Nikkor 80~200 2.8 ED AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: zoom-Nikkor 80~200 2.8 ED AIS Reply with quote

motorized Nikon FA
zoom-Nikkor 80~200 2.8 ED AIS
Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
probably 2.8 @ 1/250th

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.
This is a photo that I finally got after about five or six unsuccessful attempts. Tony's is a barbershop on Queen Street east here in Toronto, that I often pass on my way into and out of the downtown. It took several tries to get this shot because every time I drove by there was always a problem with the scene: Tony was cutting hair, the shop was closed, or there was a car parked in front of the shop.
Finally one weekend I drove by and the scene was perfect. I parked across the street, rolled down my window, turned off the motor and grabbed this shot with a long zoom.
As an aside, the lettering on the window is one of the few remaining examples of signwriting done by "The Queen Street Slasher". For many years, The Slasher, armed only with a couple of cans of One-Shot Lettering Enamel and a brush roamed through this part of the city lettering signs for the local shop-keepers. His work was characterized by its primitive, free-hand style, the ever-present drop-shadow, and the tendency of the letter heights to decrease from left to right as he ran out of space. I think that the lettering adds to the "feel" of the image.
Robert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small