Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komine--Vivitar Primes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with Focusthrow, I am new to this forum but not to forums in general.
I have spent the boring winter months (Southern Hemisphere) upgrading my Vivitar lens collection, which now includes four Komine primes.
The 55/2.8 macro, 135/2.8 CF, 135/2.3, and 200/3.0
I haven't owned them long enough for more than a few test pics, but overall I am totally impressed and have no intention of selling them on.
I'm driving them with an m4/3 body so I expect my results to differ from ones with a larger sensor.
Oh, and a compliment for Focusthrow, judging by your pics in this thread you could make any lens sing let alone the Komine wonders.
Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3dpan wrote:
As with Focusthrow, I am new to this forum but not to forums in general.
I have spent the boring winter months (Southern Hemisphere) upgrading my Vivitar lens collection, which now includes four Komine primes.
The 55/2.8 macro, 135/2.8 CF, 135/2.3, and 200/3.0
I haven't owned them long enough for more than a few test pics, but overall I am totally impressed and have no intention of selling them on.
I'm driving them with an m4/3 body so I expect my results to differ from ones with a larger sensor.
Oh, and a compliment for Focusthrow, judging by your pics in this thread you could make any lens sing let alone the Komine wonders.
Cheers,

Welcome to the forum in general & this thread in particular--& thanks for the kind, generous words. I own 3 of the Komine primes to which you refer. New Zealand, wow--superb!--it’s an extraordinarily beautiful place in which to shoot/live--can’t wait to see some of your samples here in this thread. Best jt

In the meantime, here is another:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Focusthrow for your welcome.
Here's a sample pic from the 200mm f/3.0, stopped down to f/5.6, and on m4/3,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another sample from the Vivitar 200mm f/3.0, stopped down to f/5.6.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this time with the 55mm f/2.8 macro. As close as I could get to the subject without falling in the water,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^That looks plenty sharp, and with very pleasant bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
^^^^That looks plenty sharp, and with very pleasant bokeh.

Thanks, especially considering it is "cropped" by using a m4/3 body. It would look even sharper on full-frame.
My latest "thing" is bokeh, and I'm interested in manipulating it when I have the chance. I have tried different aperture settings but of course there's more to it than just aperture.
Cheers,

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another frog, 'tis the season for them.
This time with the 135mm f/2.3, wide open.