Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina ATX 80~200 2.8 AIS manual focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Tokina ATX 80~200 2.8 AIS manual focus Reply with quote

motorized Nikon F2AS
Tokina ATX 80~200 2.8 AIS
Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
2.8 @ about 1/60th

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot. What was your zoom setting? I ask because you were shooting at 1/60, so if zoomed out to 200mm, this would be a remarkabe shot at 1/60 unless you were using some sort of support?

I don't own the AT-X 80-200, but I do own a copy of the AT-X 100-300/4 SD, and it is a remarkably good lens. Probably my sharpest up-to-300mm zoom lens. In fact, it is so sharp, it rivals my best 300mm primes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch,
Thanks for the comment.
I was shooting at 200 mm because I was across the street from my subject. And yes, I was shooting handheld, as I do virtually all the time.
I have a tripod somewhere in the trunk of my car, but except as a holder for a coffee cup or a place to park my gloves in the winter so I don't lose them in the snow, I can't imagine what else I'd use it for.
"A street photographer with a tripod is like a cello player in a marching band". Words to live by.
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, but a monopod can be quite a bit less obtrusive. As can just some place to brace oneself for the shot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When shooting on the street I almost never travel light: Three rangefinders plus an SLR with a 180 for reach, or three SLRs often with zooms.
so I prefer not to carry any more baggage. I know the usual tricks for minimizing camera shake shooting handheld or by using convenient structures as braces, and employ them as necessary.
Robert