Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Quick question on Exakta to Fuji adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Quick question on Exakta to Fuji adapter Reply with quote

Hi,
I am not an expert of Exakta lenses. I bought a Domiron recently and I use it on my Fuji camera via a cheap adapter.

Browsing the internet I have seen other adapters like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Fotasy-Exakta-Fujifilm-X-Mount-Adapter/dp/B00AVR1NN0
which have a lever on the side where the lens is mounted.

Is that lever used to control the aperture?

I am asking because the built-in mechanism to control the aperture typical of Exakta lenses is not working well and I fear it could break at some point. If I could use the adapter to open and close the blades I would feel better.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question on Exakta to Fuji adapter Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,
I am not an expert of Exakta lenses. I bought a Domiron recently and I use it on my Fuji camera via a cheap adapter.

I am asking because the built-in mechanism to control the aperture typical of Exakta lenses is not working well and I fear it could break at some point. If I could use the adapter to open and close the blades I would feel better.

Thanks.

No, that is the locking lever that engages the pin on the back of the lens to keep it from falling off the adapter.
The aperture is usually closed down by depressing the shutter button on the lens and rotating the collar around it
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question on Exakta to Fuji adapter Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

No, that lever on the adapter is the lens release.
The aperture mechanism is probably all gummed up, it's much like clockwork movement(if it's similar to lenses I've worked on), so any oil or grease and it won't work smoothly.
a solvent that doesn't leave a residue behind (lighter fluid) will remove the oil and grease

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answers.
I did check after posting the message and indeed my adapter too has this unlock lever. I have never removed the lens since I attached to it so I did not noticed it.

As for the lever controlling the aperture, If I operate it while at the same time keeping it pushed towards the center of the lens it seems to work fine. If I do not do so, then after a few activations the blades stop springing back in the WO position and I have to rotate the aperture ring to the f2 position in order to have the blades back in their starting position.

Hope it will last.

N.