Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MTO 1000A - Help needed to disassemble and clean it
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: MTO 1000A - Help needed to disassemble and clean it Reply with quote

Hello,
Just purchased an old MTO 1000A 1100mm lens which has a fair bit of fungus growth on I believe the back of the front element, and probably also on the rear mirror. I have a lens wrench, but don't seem able to remove the front locking ring , are there any locking grub screws which need to be removed first. Do I need to remove the lens hood first and if so can anyone advise how to remove it?
Thank you, John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's fungus? Soviet (maybe not only?) mirror often has disease that look like fungus, but it is not, and it's not cleanable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty certain it is fungus looking at the thin tendril lines and fungus isn't unusual on these lenses.
I've been searching on here and found one thread which advises the lens can be split in two (and was full of fungus!!)
http://forum.mflenses.com/the-last-lens-i-will-ever-buy-t31523,start,15.html
but still wondering if the front locking ring can be removed and then the front element?