Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 11 135mm f4 sample pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 11 135mm f4 sample pictures Reply with quote

Hi,
recently I had a chance to test this lens. Below a few pictures (taken with Fuji X-T10)

Cheers.

Last edited by wolan on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Wow,I love those Fuji colours. Hankering after an X-E1 Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 11 135mm f4 sample pictures Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,
recently I had a chance to test this lens. Below a few pictures (taken with Fuji X-T10)

nice lens. excelent photos. Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

i have early version Jupiter 11 (M39, silver, red "П"). for example a few photos by a7 with this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos with a nice lens.
I have an M39 version and like it very much.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 11 135mm f4 sample pictures Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
wolan wrote:
Hi,

nice lens. excelent photos. Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Very beautiful portrait. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the J11 zebra and the later J11A pre set, and I love them. I tend to use the J11A more, it's an easier lens to use and the coating is probably better.

Yesterday evening the sun broke through the fog for a brief moment and I just grabbed a lens and went into the Churchyard behind our house, the late sun makes great shadows and colours among the gravestones. This is the J11A, wide open, no processing, focused on the tallest headstone. It's such a good lens.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best Soviet moderate telephoto prime lenses.
My review of my copy on X-Pro1:
http://aflenses.net/reviews/a-subjective-look-at-jupiter-11-f4-135-m39-fujifilm-x-pro1/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very sharp and compact lenses. Like 1 small I have many versions of Jupiter-11s. Even the M39 mount lenses are not the same in shape and construction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my first photo by Jupiter-11 "П", M39, КОМЗ, maked in 1960 year (with a7)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-11 135mm/F4 (M39/LTM version from 1970) taken with Ricoh GXR-M APS-C camera.
Shot wide open at F4 and distance ring was used. A little post processing in LR6.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots - love this Sonnar-derived lens!

My recent post of images recorded with this lens on a Nex-3, referred to this variation:

Photos in this thread refer to this version:

Obvious cosmetics aside, what are the differences (if any) between the various incarnations of this lens?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pdccameras

Well, my example refers also to the first version.

Actually there is optically no difference between those two versions. The first version is for M39/LTM (Leica/Zorki) with 28.8mm flange focal distance and the 2nd version is for the old Zenit SLR camera M39/Zenit with 45.2 flange focal distance. I have both versions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this lens and this forum (first time here for me), and thinking of getting one of the SLR versions! They're well priced on fleabay. I have a question and wondered if anyone knows the difference between the purple and amber front element? I've seen both, from around the 60's and wondered if there's any large difference in quality or output? Thanks for any assistance!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
These are very sharp and compact lenses. Like 1 small I have many versions of Jupiter-11s. Even the M39 mount lenses are not the same in shape and construction.

Those are KOMZ, KMZ also did 2 different versions for M39