Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First test Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90mm f/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: First test Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90mm f/1.5 Reply with quote

Today I was at my mother and I did my first tests with the Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90mm f/1.5 on my Olympus E-PL5 camera. I was very curious how this lens would perform wide open. F/1.5 for a zoom lens is quite ridiculous, so my expectations were not too high. But I was pleasantly surprised by the results. The lens seems to be a pretty decent performer wide open.

What do you think? All pictures are 100% crops.

Later I will add some more test pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us see the lens?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a very pleasant rendering Smile

Thanks for posting Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Please let us see the lens?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some time today to make more pictures. First a vignetting test. Vignetting is most prominent when photographing close subjects at the wide end. Of course things get worse when closing the aperture.

In general, the Sun-Cosmicar produces produces nice contrasty pictures with good colors en a quite pleasant bokeh. Because of the massive front element, one best uses a hood.

A test shot at 22.5mm and f/1.5. I think the performance wide open, especially the contrast, is pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating lens! I like the way it renders.

Too bad for me that the image circle is really too small for APSC.... (at least for the price I've seen for this beauty)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anybody who's interested: check the sales section (lens sales), this lens is for sale now. I'm downsizing so this is not the right lens for me.