Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First test Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90mm f/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: First test Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90mm f/1.5 Reply with quote

Today I was at my mother and I did my first tests with the Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90mm f/1.5 on my Olympus E-PL5 camera. I was very curious how this lens would perform wide open. F/1.5 for a zoom lens is quite ridiculous, so my expectations were not too high. But I was pleasantly surprised by the results. The lens seems to be a pretty decent performer wide open.

What do you think? All pictures are 100% crops.

Later I will add some more test pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us see the lens?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a very pleasant rendering Smile

Thanks for posting Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Please let us see the lens?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some time today to make more pictures. First a vignetting test. Vignetting is most prominent when photographing close subjects at the wide end. Of course things get worse when closing the aperture.

In general, the Sun-Cosmicar produces produces nice contrasty pictures with good colors en a quite pleasant bokeh. Because of the massive front element, one best uses a hood.

A test shot at 22.5mm and f/1.5. I think the performance wide open, especially the contrast, is pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating lens! I like the way it renders.

Too bad for me that the image circle is really too small for APSC.... (at least for the price I've seen for this beauty)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anybody who's interested: check the sales section (lens sales), this lens is for sale now. I'm downsizing so this is not the right lens for me.