Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1955 Minolta Autocord colour tests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: 1955 Minolta Autocord colour tests Reply with quote

I tried my 'Gift' 1955 MINOLTA Autocord ( The first Model with the 'Optiper MXS 1-1/400th shutter) loaded with 03/2005 Fuji Superia 100 120 film-- I metered with an old Weston Master V and found the 1/100th. 1/200th and 1/400th speeds were accurate. I didn't get to try slower speeds. I home-processed film in C41 and scanned with my old Epson 1650 flatbed + Viescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer. Many frames had bad LIGHT LEAKS which didn't happen on the first B&W roll I put through. There is some light trapping I found on the back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning, as usual. Fuel for film is better than digital conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good indeed. Even the last one where the low light inhibits contrast is more than acceptable. What was the film used?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 2005 dated Fuji Superia 100 print film -- I had bought many rolls years ago then all the Local Press work went 'Digital' and I had to get a Pentax K10D and was left with many rolls in the 'fridge.