Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

London City skyline (Minolta MD 100/2.5)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: London City skyline (Minolta MD 100/2.5) Reply with quote

Here's a shot of London I managed to snap when I visited the UK recently. It was an epic sunset that day but I didn't have my tripod and filters with me so the photo doesn't really do it justice. This is what I managed:

NEX6_0003_7803 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

Shot on a Sony NEX-6 with the Minolta MD 100mm/2.5.

Btw, there were a couple other photographers at the viewpoint, one with tripod and all, ready to take some amazing photos. He waited about 20 minutes, then left just before the magic started. Go figure...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'd be pretty pleased if I could get the same without tripod and filters.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile But to be honest there's a nice bit of wooden railing at the viewpoint where you can balance the camera and I did blend two exposures for this photo. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this viewpoint?
Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l9magen wrote:
Where is this viewpoint?
Thanks,

One tree hill in Greenwich park. I think it's quite a popular place.

For reference here's a pano from a similar location (just below the observatory):

NEX6_0003_7763-7771 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

The first shot is a zoom-in on the buildings at the far left way in the distance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic Sunset!

Like 1 Like 1