Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help taking apart a Vivitar Macro Focusing Teleconverter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Help taking apart a Vivitar Macro Focusing Teleconverter Reply with quote

Hello, I'm taking apart a Vivitar Macro Focusing TC for possible use as a focusing helicoid. This one is made for the Canon FD. On the rear (camera side), I don't see any screws that are holding the mount in place. Does anyone have any tips on how to remove that mount? Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TC just like yours. I've never dismantled it, though. But I have dismantled other lenses with the breechlock ring. Typically, you'll find a small set screw in the side of the ring. When you remove the screw, the ring can unscrew from the back of the lens. After you've done this, you'll probably see some screws on the back of the TC that, once you take them loose, you'll be inside the TC by that point. Look for spanner notches on the interior element group. If you can unscrew the group, this may get you to where you want to be. Same goes for the front of the TC. Remove the screws that are holding the camera mount in place and remove the mount. If this reveals spanner slots, then try removing the front group. This is guesswork on my part because I don't know if the Vivitar 7-element macro converter has more than one group of elements. But if it does, then the other one will probably have to be removed from the front. I'm guessing. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screws are often hidden under the flanges. You need to turn the mount to see them.