Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wierd focus problem with OM-D E-M5 and Zuiko 3.5/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Wierd focus problem with OM-D E-M5 and Zuiko 3.5/35 Reply with quote

Hi folks

I just bought a lovely Olympus Zuiko 3.5/35 macro to use with my M5.

As this is a 4/3 lens, I bought a cheap Chinese 4/3-M4/3 adapter.

At first I thought it didn't work as half pressing the shutter button and it doesn't focus, turning the 'fly by wire' focus ring on the lens does nothing either. However, I could change the aperture so I knew it was communicating with the body.

Then I accidentally discovered it does focus if I use the touch to focus feature - putting my finger on the screen where I want it to focus.

So I can use it, and the lens is very sharp, but it's pretty annoying to not be able to focus by pressing the shutter button.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens or adapter or menu setting? Smile Try lens on another adapter or 4/3 camera should reveal if nobody else knows.