Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning and relubing CZJ M42 Flektogon 2.4/35mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Cleaning and relubing CZJ M42 Flektogon 2.4/35mm Reply with quote

Another quick repair guide, cleaning and relubing focusing helicoid on CZJ Flektogon 2.4/35mm.
As usually only assembly, disassembling is just reverse process. Remember to note the focusing helicoid position and focusing rings positon at infinity settings before disassembling them.

Clean and lube the focusing rings and screw them together as much as you can, but don't use any force to tighten them.

Now put on place the focus limiting screw.

Now relube the helicoid an put this two parts together

Align the lens tubus and focusing rings and put guides on place.

Carefully fix the guides with four screws - do it in steps, otherwise the focusing won't be smooth.

Now put back the rear part. Again be careful. Check the A/M switch and aperture control assembly.

Fix the rear part with three screws.

Last edited by BRunner on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this tutorial ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning and relubing CZJ M42 Flektogon 2.4/35mm Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:

Carefully fix the guides with four screws - do it in steps, otherwise the focusing won't be smooth.

Hi BR, first of all, thanks for the guide. Can you explain the above a little more in detail? Does that mean if you fasten the screws one by one the guides will hamper the helicoid movement?

Cheers
Ehm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the guides then won't sit straight. My method is to tighten the screws without force, then rotate the focusing ring from infinity to close focus and back, then tighten the screws little more, again rotate the focusing ring and again tighten then screws and so on. I repeat this 3 or 4 times and then fasten the screws. If the movement of helicoid isn't smooth enough, you need to do it again.
Hope this helps, my English is not good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of lenses with stiff focus... will try out and report back. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: What should I use to lube the foucus helicoids? Reply with quote

What should I use to lube the foucus helicoids? I'm not sure I'll find the exact brand, but should I use Grease or a thinner lube? I'm afraid if it's too thin it may get into the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that someone is able to help me, I have taken apart my 35MM flek but now I find it very hard to put back the dissembled diaphragm part.

When i first saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGJpmTslWfQ and this page http://www.kolumbus.fi/uusilehto/img/lenses/zeiss/disass/slides/lens.html, I thought it would no be so hard to put back together.

But now i'm stuck at the 4:50 moment of the video. I don't understand how the parts should suppose to be aligned. I can put the blades back together, and also it 's not so hard to put back the spring in place. But than I need to align the lever part and I don't know the exact position, I can turn the whole assembly, pulling the spring much wider, but I don't know if that is supposed to be that way. It also looks like the big plastic part (with the slot) is not completely pressing against the 'blade' assembly.

I hope someone is able to explain me how the diaphragm part is put together in the housing and how all the different parts are aligned compared to each other.

Kind regards,

Rody