Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Rokkor 58 mm. f/1.2 portraits (a7r).
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Minolta Rokkor 58 mm. f/1.2 portraits (a7r). Reply with quote

Good and useful focus dephth also at total aperture.
Excellent portrait lens, my favourite among my lenses, with Summilux 85 and Trioplan 100.
Preferences?
All the best and thank you,
Sandro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

other images with the same lens and the same model, here with different PP.
All the best,
sandro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good indeed, but to be honest, I prefer Visionar 100mm + speedbooster Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portraits. You know how to use this lens, but personally I think some of the more distant head and shoulder shots would look much better at F2 where the bokeh on this lens cleans up a bit. Images 3 and 4 in the first series, and the second series are all really nice! Like 1 small
Portraits are an exception for me but I used the 58/1.4 before and it gives a really shallow depth of field even in full height portraits, and is quite smooth at such distances!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Nice portraits. You know how to use this lens, but personally I think some of the more distant head and shoulder shots would look much better at F2 where the bokeh on this lens cleans up a bit. Images 3 and 4 in the first series, and the second series are all really nice! Like 1 small
Portraits are an exception for me but I used the 58/1.4 before and it gives a really shallow depth of field even in full height portraits, and is quite smooth at such distances!

Thank you much for your preferences and criticism,
and all the best for you,
Sandro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarrasani wrote:

Thank you much for your preferences and criticism,
and all the best for you,
Sandro

You also. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short for portraits, but certainly a pretty lady helps to overview on dry technical details
Happy Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Short for portraits, but certainly a pretty lady helps to overview on dry technical details
Happy Cat

In fact....I ask myself "why I like so much Attila's portraits"? (I consider masterful your portrait works).
Let's try: 30% model, 20% technical skills, 30% confidence/relationship/symphaty with model and 20% photographer taste/ideas....????
sandro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portraits are utterly impossible for me (except for cats...) so I truly admire those who can pull it off. The lens? Excellent in my view. I have read good things about this lens and your photos certainly support that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourbillionyears wrote:
Portraits are utterly impossible for me (except for cats...) so I truly admire those who can pull it off. The lens? Excellent in my view. I have read good things about this lens and your photos certainly support that.

Thank you much!! I too am not a "portraitist", as all we can see.....
all the best,
sandro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second set is wonderful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck luck wrote:
The second set is wonderful

too much kind, thank you!!
Sandro