Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Milda 200mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Milda 200mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Could anyone enlighten me on this lens? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This won't go without photo of the lens Smile.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
This won't go without photo of the lens Smile.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/sold-items/25117-sale-sold-cased-boxed-miida-200mm-f3-5-m42-mint.html

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for confusion I was needing to know who Milda was and who possibly made it.thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say that Milda is a village very close to Jena, but then I saw the lens is actually a Miida Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 80% this is SUN saying that without seeing DOF scale / focusing designations. Nothing to do with that Vivitar on Pentax forum link.

Last edited by Pancolart on Mon May 27, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miida is a brand of Marubeni which is a general trading companies in Japan. Their lenses are re-branded from third party lens maker. You have to show the photos of a specific lens for us to guess the maker.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you gentlemen,much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miida (A contraction of Marubeni Iida) imported lenses into the US during the 1970s. They are from a family of lenses that can be found under the Miida, Hanimex/Hanimar, Tamron F System, Chinon and several other names that don't come to mind. The defining charactersitic is that they follow the Nikon - Pentax focus direction, rotating counter-clockwise to closeup. I was working in the photo sales business at the time these were current and the store I worked for sold them as both Hanimex/Hanimar and Tamron F System.

To the best of my knowledge, the family includes 28, 35, 100, 135, 200 and 300mm focal lengths. I have seen knurled metal focus grips and leatherette focus grips. The first two digits of the serial may indicate the year of manufacture.

I have not pinned down who the manufacturer may be. I don't believe it is Sun as just about all of the Sun made lenses I am familiar with focus the opposite (Canon-Minolta) direction. I don't think it's any of the main stream third party makers (Tokina, Tamron, Sigma, Kino, Komine) either. The appearance does not match Auto Sankor lenses I have seen, though they share the same focus direction. Kawanon may be a possibility, though I am not familiar with auto iris Kawanons of this period.

I have the 100mm f 2.8 member of this family labeled as a Hanimar. I have also seen the 100 sold as a Vivitar. The only Vivitar I have seen that "goes the other way" in regards to focus direction. The Vivitars I've seen have a serial that begins with 4 and does not coincide with the generally acknowledged code.

These lenses seem to have disappeared about 1975-76 and were replaced, in similar green boxes, with Makina manufactured lenses, at least under the Hanimex brand.

I don't know if any are considered outstanding optically. Since they were sold by Hanimex, I've categorized them as "bargain" lenses when new.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
I don't believe it is Sun as just about all of the Sun made lenses I am familiar with focus the opposite (Canon-Minolta) direction.

It's seems Sun made lenses with both focusing directions for different vendors. Moreover even in the same line there could be lenses with both focus directions, no idea why they did this. It's true though that their own lenses focus in Canon-Minolta direction.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all info,I was not planning on buying this lens have at least 4or5 very good ones I was just interested as in 50 years of photography I had not heard of it Regards

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
casualcollector wrote:
I don't believe it is Sun as just about all of the Sun made lenses I am familiar with focus the opposite (Canon-Minolta) direction.

It's seems Sun made lenses with both focusing directions for different vendors. Moreover even in the same line there could be lenses with both focus directions, no idea why they did this. It's true though that their own lenses focus in Canon-Minolta direction.

Here typical SUN / Milda of the same style: Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/url]

+1 brandname. Elicar Automatic 200mm 3.5