Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more 'Gifts'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Some more 'Gifts' Reply with quote

An Old Gent ( YES --OLDER than ME ! ) met me with his Wife while i was out walking with one of my 'Classic Film Cameras' and they asked if I like 'Old Cameras' to which I replied " Oh Yes - and I try to refurbish them " -- so I got a phone call from him saying he had some 'Cameras' ready -- I rushed to his house and there were several bags and a cardboard box . we had a 'chat' and when i got home I inspected the 'Treasures' -- well, there were 2 Cine Cameras 8mm, Minolta Dynax 700si, Ensign Selfix, Olympus 35RC, PEN-EE, XA, E-500 digital and a very filthy Minolta Autocord from 1955 -- the brown case fell to bits as i wiped it over but on taking off viewing hood all the mirror was 'Milky' with filth and rear lens surface. I used lens Tissues and Lens Fluid and it cleaned up prefectly ! I cleaned leather panels with Neatsfoot Oil and the brown case of the Selfix 820 which is not working, as is the 35RC .
Don't know what to do with the Standard 8 Cine Cameras -- I think I will give them to the Brentwood Museum Photography .
collection

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

you got the Minolta expansion cards too

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some nice pieces there - particularly the Autocord! Never tried one, but perhaps someday... The lens has quite the reputation as I understand.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the 'Bayonet 1' lens hood off my Rolleicord Vb fits the Autocord as well ! Lens is SHARP at full aperture ( now it has all been CLEANED !! ) I have tried the PEN-EE 1/2 frame and the Olympus XA and they work but the 35RC is NOT working neither is the Selfix 820 ( Rivet broken off strut so will lens board will not focus) I used the Minolta Dynax 7000 si and took out those 'cards' as I can set what they do 'Manually' ! E-500 is very sharp, but one lens hood was missing.