Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ilford FP4 + Nikon F4s and Vivitar 28-90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Ilford FP4 + Nikon F4s and Vivitar 28-90 Reply with quote

Here are some recent shots with some long expired FP4.
Camera was Nikon F4s and lens the venerable stovepipe Vivitar 28-90 by Komine.
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I need to shoot some film.
First I need to adjust the rangefinder on my Koni Omega.
Also preserve some vegetables and berries from the garden....etc. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nice! I need to shoot some film.
First I need to adjust the rangefinder on my Koni Omega.
Also preserve some vegetables and berries from the garden....etc. Rolling Eyes

Life can get so busy. The images can probably wait but the berries and vegetables maybe are more urgent.
Here is another from this series.
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Thomas. You're using one of my favorite MF lenses. The shot of the pier's wood grain did a decent job of showing off its capabilities.

That old FP4 was still hanging in there; did a good job. Are you acquainted at all with Kodak's (now defunct) Plus-X Pan? It also was ISO 125. One of my favorite B&W emulsions. I've never shot with FP4, but I guess I need to get me some if it is anywhere nearly as nice as Plus-X Pan was.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Very nice, Thomas. You're using one of my favorite MF lenses. The shot of the pier's wood grain did a decent job of showing off its capabilities.

That old FP4 was still hanging in there; did a good job. Are you acquainted at all with Kodak's (now defunct) Plus-X Pan? It also was ISO 125. One of my favorite B&W emulsions. I've never shot with FP4, but I guess I need to get me some if it is anywhere nearly as nice as Plus-X Pan was.

Thank you Michael.
FP4 is an old friend of mine but I was gifted these rolls and I am almost finished them.
There are some Plus-X Pan rolls as well, so it will be useful to see how they compare.
I will probably use them next.
Of course they are all well and truly expired.
From memory - back in the day - I think that there was little between the two
Cheers
Tom