Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax RTS body C/Y mount disassembly ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Contax RTS body C/Y mount disassembly ? Reply with quote

Hi everybody. Smile

I just got a Contax RTS for a 20 euros as not working.
After inserting a battery, I found it works fine but only in manual mode. So I'm already happy.

I've found what's wrong : the aperture notification ring in the body's C/Y mount is loose and free. There should be a spring retaining it.

My question is : does anybody have repair or disassemble instructions to get to this level of the mount ring ?
I unscrewed the front silver screws, then the 3 copper screws but then I hesitate to continue to unscrew the other little screws I see.

Thx in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a Nikon, FA or FM2 i think, with this problem, and after removing the mount plate and spring/shim I could figure out where the missing spring used to be and install a replacement spring without further disassembly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gardener.
I did this but can't access the spring emplacement.
I wonder whether it could be in the upper part of the cam, which means I should disassemble the top.