Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM-System Zuiko Auto-Macro 50mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM-System Zuiko Auto-Macro 50mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Hello,
Just received a mint new 50mm Macro lens from Olympus, in a 3,5 version.
First shoots on Sony A7 show a very nice sharpness, no vignating nor chromatic aberration. It seems to produce a pleasant boekh and nice sharp bubles in the background.
I'll try to experiment more foreground/background bokeh if the weather become more sunny to see if it can be a nice nature companion.

Closed at f11, bokeh is still nice and subject is fully detailed and full of contrast
Olympus 50mm f/3.5 Auto-Macro by Yann Dubois, sur Flickr

At f8 and minimal distance, this tinny ant is sharp

Wide open, a very small subject can pop up really nicely

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one of these lenses recently, and I haven't used it a great deal yet. But, I already recognize that it's a really good lens, one that I will be using a lot more.

I've also got the 50 / 1.8 and the 50 / 1.4. Both are excellent lenses, the 1.8 for a kit lens is one of the best, the 1.4 is stunning, so I'm expecting great things from the Macro.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I got one of these lenses recently, and I haven't used it a great deal yet. But, I already recognize that it's a really good lens, one that I will be using a lot more.

I've also got the 50 / 1.8 and the 50 / 1.4. Both are excellent lenses, the 1.8 for a kit lens is one of the best, the 1.4 is stunning, so I'm expecting great things from the Macro.

this is why i wanted to try a macro, i have the 1,4 which is brilliant, pretty sharp WO, much better than my Takumars or Fujinon. The 1,8 is just perfect when you don't need 1,4 and i use a 135mm 2,8 for nature proxy : it has a wonderfull effect on fore/backgrounds. It's my favoriute 135mm, using it for portraits too and it's just perfect for me :

Manual focus lenses by Yann Dubois, sur Flickr

If the 3,5 macro is good i'll be searching for a 80mm or the 50mm f2 macro.
Those lenses seems to be not sexy for collectors and it's a real good thing Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens it is, guess you're going to have some fun with it!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuiko 50mm f/3.5 Macro w/ below by Yann Dubois, sur Flickr

Focus stacking and 1cm below...nice !

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musashichan wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

this is why i wanted to try a macro, i have the 1,4 which is brilliant, pretty sharp WO, much better than my Takumars or Fujinon. The 1,8 is just perfect when you don't need 1,4 and i use a 135mm 2,8 for nature proxy : it has a wonderfull effect on fore/backgrounds. It's my favoriute 135mm, using it for portraits too and it's just perfect for me :

Manual focus lenses by Yann Dubois, sur Flickr

Those lenses seems to be not sexy for collectors and it's a real good thing Smile

Olympus OM Macro 50/3.5 is a lovely,little macro.I like it too.And you are able to show it at it's best. Smile

As for later macro lenses in the OM mount - the 50/2 and 90/2 - they are both magnificent on the full frame digital mirrorless A7 series Sony cameras.Especially the 90/2.Something in between best Zeiss and Leica R lenses of the time.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shapencolour wrote:
Musashichan wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Olympus OM Macro 50/3.5 is a lovely,little macro.I like it too.And you are able to show it at it's best. Smile

As for later macro lenses in the OM mount - the 50/2 and 90/2 - they are both magnificent on the full frame digital mirrorless A7 series Sony cameras.Especially the 90/2.Something in between best Zeiss and Leica R lenses of the time.

If the prices of 50/2, 80/2 and 90/2 are not crazy i'll check that cause i really love this rendering of Olympus lenes !
Thanks