Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Astronar 400mm f/7.3 - the rest of the story
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Astronar 400mm f/7.3 - the rest of the story Reply with quote

HI all,

This is a continuation of sorts of a very old (2008) thread originally posted by luisalegria,

http://forum.mflenses.com/astronar-400-7-5-exakta-made-in-encino-california-usa-t14034,highlight,%2Bastronar.html

concerning the almost novelty-level Astronar 400mm f/7.3 telephoto lens mfg by the Encino Engineering Co. of Encino, CA USA c. 1959.

I found my copy in the back of the lens closet the other day, and noticed that it had several pages of original paperwork. Luis did a great job of reviewing the performance of the lens, and as usual, Luis was able to coax a lot more performance out this optic than I ever could. So I thought I would simply post some of the very interesting historical material about this 60 year old lens. Look at scan #5 where the lens is compared to two other unnamed 400mm telephotos, a 400mm f/5.5 and a 400mm f/4.5. I bet the f/5.5 is a Tele-Megor.
This package even includes a review by Modern's Herb Keppler!

Enjoy!

Paul

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20185/big_1817_ast7_1.jpg]
[/url]

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Astronar 400mm f/7.3 - the rest of the story Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
. . . . .

Enjoy!

Paul

Yes, an enjoyable read! Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Thank you! Great find!

I still wonder if it was made in a garage...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read, thank you for this!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paperwork has authentic silverfish holes...