Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New toy LC-A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: New toy LC-A Reply with quote

Another car boot find - paid £15 for this lovely camera, nice condition but needs new light seals (they were completely degraded and crumbling)
I am not too sure where to find light seal kits here in the UK for this camera so any hints would be awesome.
I don't think it's anything super special as it's Zenit not LOMO but if anyone can shed any light on this camera i would welcome the info Smile Full metal body though?

Untitled by Geoff Palmer, on Flickr
Untitled by Geoff Palmer, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For light seals you can probably go to an arts and crafts shop and buy a sheet of self adhesive foam...it's about 1mm thick. I was given a sheet years ago and done about 6 cameras and still have plenty left..the slightly tricky bit is cutting it up to the right width to fit in the slots, also if parts of the camera need say 2mm thick seals then just stick on another layer..good luck (well you wont need it as it's so easy do do.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip on the light seals Smile will have to have a look round and see what i can find.
I spoke to someone in Jessops about this and they said it was worth crazy money, but looking on ebay etc they aren't that expensive?