Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shots with Auto Yashinon f2/5cm (M42) on Nex 5n
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: First shots with Auto Yashinon f2/5cm (M42) on Nex 5n Reply with quote

Got this lens few weeks ago (for few euros Very Happy ) but never had time to try it.....
Here are some first samples shoot in my garden, all shots between f2 and f4, with one extension ring....
1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

7/

and here a picture of the lens:

A lovely surprising little lens Shocked ...

Thanks for looking Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, such lovely colours and beautiful rendering of OOF areas. Like all of them. I've seen this lens going for peanuts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the unsung heroes, ignored because it is "slow". Amazing how cheaply this can still be obtained, I paid less than $10 last year for mine.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes, this lens is a great piece of glass, I don't know if it's a "heroes" but it'for sure a real bargain Very Happy ...it's very sharp even wide open, the contrast is impressive and I like a lot the colours rendering and the bokeh..and above that it's also quite OK regarding the CA, actually I did not noticed any CA on my first shots.... it's also very small and the preset diaphragm is very handy Smile ....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: what brand of adapters for your sony ? Reply with quote

Hi, I recently bought the same lens together with the Fotodiox m42 to m43 adapter. The adapter has a " flange" or ridge where the lens attached and block the lens from infinity focus since the lens travels backward and hits the flange/ ridge. Unlike the reports of some M42 cannot focus at infinity because they hit the flange of the body or the reflex mirror, mine happens at the FAR end. I think the fotodiox people did not expect this from happening.
Can I ask what adapter brand you use for the sony ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal, you still have it

Like 1 small

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: what brand of adapters for your sony ? Reply with quote

rock wrote:
Hi, I recently bought the same lens together with the Fotodiox m42 to m43 adapter. The adapter has a " flange" or ridge where the lens attached and block the lens from infinity focus since the lens travels backward and hits the flange/ ridge. Unlike the reports of some M42 cannot focus at infinity because they hit the flange of the body or the reflex mirror, mine happens at the FAR end. I think the fotodiox people did not expect this from happening.

Hi,
Yes, I still have the lens but the cam and the adapter not any more. I must say I don't remember which adapter brand I used for this lens but so far I can remember, I did not notice any issue with focus at infinity. I'm sorry I can't help you further Neutral .....
Cheers
Pascal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: what brand of adapters for your sony ? Reply with quote

rock wrote:

Hi, I see your post is a couple of months old and not sure if you were able to find an adapter without a flange, but I have a Fotasy M42 to FX adapter that you can remove the flange from it. I had the same issue as you where the lens was unable to focus to infinity due to this. However, this adapter has a three small holes with little screws in it. You can use a small flat screwdriver to loose them and the threaded ring will come loose as well as the flange. Remove the flange put the threaded ring back and tight the screws. Mine now focus to infinity without problems.