Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C Takumar 50mm 1.4 front ring screws
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: S-M-C Takumar 50mm 1.4 front ring screws Reply with quote

So... for some reason my immaculate condition Takumar is now missing all the front scews, the ones that are exactly behind the dust cover ring, the ones with the model name and specs written on.

When I purchased it there was a strande wobble and when I inspected it all but one of the screws were actually missing, only one was left which I ended up loosing too since they are SO SMALL.

Are they 3? 4? Anyway they are black and tiny I need a set.

Can you guys help me out?...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: S-M-C Takumar 50mm 1.4 front ring screws Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
So... for some reason my immaculate condition Takumar is now missing all the front scews, the ones that are exactly behind the dust cover ring, the ones with the model name and specs written on.

When I purchased it there was a strande wobble and when I inspected it all but one of the screws were actually missing, only one was left which I ended up loosing too since they are SO SMALL.

Are they 3? 4? Anyway they are black and tiny I need a set.

Can you guys help me out?...

Pentax were already sharing parts across the range, at least by the time of the Super version of the Takumar's for sure. An option could be to buy a basket case f2 prime or similar from ebay, if you can discover they share a similar design.

Something else you might consider is a trip to an opticians. I lost a screw in my spectacles last year and wandered into mine. I don't know if I was lucky that the guy was the tech/glass polisher helping out at front of shop, but he was happy to hunt a replacement out and fit it free gratis. He waived any payment with the air of a job well done, and I don't remember being asked if I had bought the spectacles from them. I suppose if you are looking for 3/4, you should be prepared to cross their palm with silver.

If you have no luck sourcing the screws from stockists, there's some food for thought for you. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying a lesser version of the Takumar can be an option but only if we are talking about a very, very cheap unit, maybe a wrecked, non-functioning, for parts only, lens, otherwise even at $10 + shipping it gets expensive for only using a couple of screws...

... the other option sounds good to me, maybe I will look into it!

Cheers