Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 wide open performance Sony NEX-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 wide open performance Sony NEX-7 Reply with quote

Straight from camera pictures, all 24MP click on each pic to see resolution on big pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is very cute.

Btw my minty SMC Tak is *nowhere *near this contrast wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shocked me too how good is, this is the latest version with rubber grip, not all metal SMC Takumar.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The all metal one is S-M-C (the S-M-C is an abbreviation for what is written on those namering.)

Same lens formula. Smile

Shocked how good? Laughing. How do you compare with Zeiss?

#6 keeper!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the optics are the same, if your copy is not as contrasty, shin a light through the far side of the lens and observe the element surfaces for any glow, ideally you shouldn't see the surfaces, but dust or haze will glow very distinctly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is great.
I currently have the 7-elements Super Takumar, would like to try the 8-elements version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabessius wrote:
The last one is great.
I currently have the 7-elements Super Takumar, would like to try the 8-elements version.

Welcome Cabessius!

May I suggest trying the SMC or S-M-C version to see significant improvement, especially when there is flare source in the frame.