Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus mju-II light seals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Olympus mju-II light seals Reply with quote

I bought this camera recently at a local flea market.
Seems to work nicely, but on the side where the camera opens it lets in some light.

Below is a photo of the camera and I found the latch (circled in red) was broken and the the door would not
close tightly on the bottom, thus causing the leak.
Any suggestions where to put some foam or what to do? I would like to fix it and sell it, if it would be worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to leak on the other side as well

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
It seems to leak on the other side as well

Your right! I didn't notice that. On most of the photos it doesn't show up though.
Maybe it's coming through the window on the back of the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/black-self_adhesive-fab-foam-sheet-a4/571989-1000?pn_rty=%20sp

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/black-self_adhesive-felt-sheet-a4/572837-1000

I make light seals from this self adhesive foam and felt sheet that I get from Hobbycraft, but it is widely available on ebay and Amazon. The foam and felt can be cut with a very sharp craft knife, but a rotary blade cutter is far better. I cut 1mm wide strips easily.

On cameras like your Olympus with the horrible sticky foam around the little window, I often use felt instead. The felt is very good and doesn't shed fibres.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Forgot to reply.