Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 54 - Soligor 135mm/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 54 - Soligor 135mm/2 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with that lens, the colours are very natural.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, colours are lovely. I really like all the shots, however, the bokeh in the top half of #1 I don't care for, too busy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide open? Excelent. Well above average

At 5,6 to 11 ? Average lens.

Rino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
however, the bokeh in the top half of #1 I don't care for, too busy.

that's because background is busy, being it gravel road, lots of stones(gravel) and grass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Wide open? Excelent. Well above average

At 5,6 to 11 ? Average lens.

Rino

isn't it supposed to be other way around? that stopped down lens becomes better?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using E-M5. all were shot at night on New Year's Eve

couple of shots inspired by tutorial from digital photography school forum newsletter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even better Wink nice series again!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a picture of the lens, I like my Soligors and I'd like one of these. Those are some great images.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Can you post a picture of the lens, I like my Soligors and I'd like one of these. Those are some great images.

my lens looks like this one:

mine is in m42 mount

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same series as my 28 / 2 and 70-210 / 3.5, both good lenses. I've put this one on my list.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this forum looking for information on this lens I picked up for $100.

In case anybody is interested, this lens has a unique feature I've never seen before - a built-in, retractable lens hood. It only extends out about 1/2", and not sure how effective it is, but I think its neat Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffordroy wrote:
Just found this forum looking for information on this lens I picked up for $100.

In case anybody is interested, this lens has a unique feature I've never seen before - a built-in, retractable lens hood. It only extends out about 1/2", and not sure how effective it is, but I think its neat Smile

actually, many lenses have built-in retractable hood . off the top of my head: Canon FD 200mm/4 macro, Olympus OM 135mm/2.8 , 135mm/3.5 , 200mm/5, Jupiter 21m 200mm/4, Kiron macro 105mm/2.8 , Tair 11A 135mm/2.8 ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah not uncommon in lenses from the mid 70's to mid 80's. It is a feature like, though a system for adjusting tension should have been included. I find that many of them become sloppy over the years.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:

mine is in m42 mount

Bought the exact same lens a while ago. The aperture does not work how it should. It's not oily, because when i open it from the back i can move the lever and it will close.
Somehow it seems impossible to connect between the lever outside and the mechanism inside...... it's not the first lens i open up, i've repaired many before but i can't get this one going!
(for now that is, i'll give it another try now that i've seen this topic again!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
WolverineX wrote:

mine is in m42 mount

Bought the exact same lens a while ago. The aperture does not work how it should. It's not oily, because when i open it from the back i can move the lever and it will close.
Somehow it seems impossible to connect between the lever outside and the mechanism inside...... it's not the first lens i open up, i've repaired many before but i can't get this one going!
(for now that is, i'll give it another try now that i've seen this topic again!)

well, you can still use it wide open for night time shots like that concert shot i posted in one of previous posts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the aperture linkage doesn't meet in the rear of the lens assembly, it could be because someone took the lens apart and didn't get it back together entirely correct. I've done a few lenses where that's the main issue if you don't line up the heliocoids properly. The lens will still focus throughout the range but the the aperture linkage disconnects at the closest focus settings.

JT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jtrcy wrote:
If the aperture linkage doesn't meet in the rear of the lens assembly, it could be because someone took the lens apart and didn't get it back together entirely correct. I've done a few lenses where that's the main issue if you don't line up the heliocoids properly. The lens will still focus throughout the range but the the aperture linkage disconnects at the closest focus settings.

JT

Exactly! The aperture closes when focus is going towards infinity as well, so something is seriously misaligned. I will have to take it to pieces some day.
Thanks for thinking with me!