Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S.M.C. and Super Takumar 105mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: S.M.C. and Super Takumar 105mm f2.8 Reply with quote

this lens is so small but in my opinion takes very good photos:

taken with the S.M.C. Takumar ( which has some fungus ):

and these two are taken with the Super Takumar 105mm f2.8 'wide open' @ f2.8:

( yes, I have both the S.M.C. and the Super Tak 105mm. Could not resist, there was this auction with very low bids of a Pentax SV with a Super Tak 105 attached )

hope you like the photos,
Andreas

( P.S.: I am not sure, I may have posted the photos taken with the S.M.C. Tak before, did I? Anyway, in case I hope the cat photos are interesting also.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Please share more!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow! Please share more!!

Wow indeed! Those cat photos with super takumar are especially great! Is there any differences between the lenses if you don't count the coating?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to aboard!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome soikka

great shots! the cat is incredible, soft & sharp together

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:

Wow indeed! Those cat photos with super takumar are especially great! Is there any differences between the lenses if you don't count the coating?

welcome soikka

the two lenses look identical.
The only difference I can make out is that the metal used for the aperture blades may be different, it has a finer grain on the S.M.C. but the shape of the blades also is identical.

Last edited by kuuan on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit I lost an auction for the Super Tak the other day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat photos are incredible, this is really a lens for glamour portrait.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuuan , I'm a cat lover , and this one is beautiful . I have the 2,8/105 smc takumar - (2 copies - one is in poor condition but fixable dust and fungus) This lens is incredibly sharp even at full aperture . You can find a portrait taken with this lens on my flickr page ( in my profile) , frb_0902 . Here it was at f/4 , film camera (Pentax Mx)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I love the rendition of this old guy on a bus in this candid shot taken a few months ago. Sharp, well rounded and nice color. All down to this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome to aboard!

Thanks Attila, Kuuan and Poilu Smile!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Kuuan , I'm a cat lover , and this one is beautiful . I have the 2,8/105 smc takumar - (2 copies - one is in poor condition but fixable dust and fungus) This lens is incredibly sharp even at full aperture . You can find a portrait taken with this lens on my flickr page ( in my profile) , frb_0902 . Here it was at f/4 , film camera (Pentax Mx)

Just found this portrait you did Helios and it looks great.
But then there are others on your flickr site which I even like better, but your flickr site is full with amazing samples of great performing lenses, many maybe even better than this Tak.

Attila wrote:
Wow! Please share more!!

well, as for now I do not have anything else than cat photos, but I promise i shall shoot some more, hopefully good enough ones to share.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These two series made me finally go get a pentax lens - my first. I shall be trying the 135/3.5 soon. I do hope it is a least half as good as your 105. Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry , I forgot to welcome soikka ! Kuuan , I consider the s-Tak 105mm is in my top ten lenses in the range 85-135mm . I don't have more than 6 (multiple copies excluded) lenses in the range 100-105 . 135' are far easier to "collect" . Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
These two series made me finally go get a pentax lens - my first. I shall be trying the 135/3.5 soon. I do hope it is a least half as good as your 105. Smile Smile

patrickh

wow, great to read that Patrick!
The 135mm f3.5 gets very good reports, very contrasty, sharp, well saturated, three dimensional are words used here: http://stans-photography.info/

I have one but rarely have used it yet as I own 4 different 135s and so far I just was more curious about the Berolina and Kominar,
but according to comments was the winnder of my small 'shoot out':
http://forum.mflenses.com/135mm-supertak-3-5-pentacon-2-8-berolina-2-8-t5295.html
( note that these were my very first shots with manual lenses the first time I used a dSLR which I only had for a weekend, quality is not too good )

I hope you will like your lens,
Andreas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took photos of my two 'newest' cameras.

I had tried some using the S.M.C. Macro Tak 50mm and Super Tak 50mm f1.4 but liked those taken with the Super Tak 105 f2.8 best.

They of coure shall not satisfy professonals, but please consier that I do not have any experience with studio photography and/or lighting.
The cameras are simply put on the floor, light comes in from windows behind, camera on tripod.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly weather today, but I found this fisher:
(taken with the SMC 105 at f2.8, Pentax K20D)

Better to stay inside:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice lens(S-M-C version), sharp, and easy to focus, but since I received the 85/1.9, I have hardly used it.

An old version (processing)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

I wish that Yashica lens was removable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

I wish that Yashica lens was removable.

Come on Woodrim : It is :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xy9z/sets/?&page=1
(although, not the 35mm here ) Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that regard, I suppose every lens is removable.