Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapting apo nikkor 210 f9 query
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Adapting apo nikkor 210 f9 query Reply with quote

Any advice on adapting this to the a7rii. It has 53mm, I think , external male threads and 46.5 I'm pretty sure on that as a 46 to 52 adapter ring is just a bit too small.

I see RAF has a grub screw attachment for the 54mm diameter. I would prefer an actual threaded mount if possible. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raf will make you a threaded adapter to your specs, but you will have to provide him with the diameter and thread pitch you need, plus length and rear thread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an old Apo-Nikkor brochure I see two similar lenses listed, 180mm f/9 and 240mm f/9. These are shown to have 53x0.75mm thread and 47x0.5mm thread. So I would guess yours has those threads as well. Just in case you aren't familiar with these terms, 53 is the diameter of the thread in mm, 0.75 is the pitch, or the length of one revolution of the thread in mm. The higher the number, the coarser the thread (Pentax/Praktica thread M42 is 1.0mm, most filters are 0.75mm, some small filters and fine adjustment threads are 0.5mm).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
In an old Apo-Nikkor brochure I see two similar lenses listed, 180mm f/9 and 240mm f/9. These are shown to have 53x0.75mm thread and 47x0.5mm thread. So I would guess yours has those threads as well. Just in case you aren't familiar with these terms, 53 is the diameter of the thread in mm, 0.75 is the pitch, or the length of one revolution of the thread in mm. The higher the number, the coarser the thread (Pentax/Praktica thread M42 is 1.0mm, most filters are 0.75mm, some small filters and fine adjustment threads are 0.5mm).

For completeness the metric designation is the diameter of the male thread (actually fractionally smaller). Female threads have diameters smaller by the thread pitch & a little clearance.
You can use known male threads to check the pitch of another male thread by simply slotting the two together & looking for gaps. A filter between 46mm & 82mm should work to confirm the 0.75 pitch. (Larger filters are typically x1 pitch with 112mm apparently being 1.5 pitch)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEH has an example for sale. (165 USD) Lists it as "53mm board mount".